Thursday, October 25, 2007

Shop till you drop

Its festive season. And its wedding season. And above all its my wedding!!! All the reasons to Shop till I Drop. For the last few weeks I have been busy shopping, shopping and shopping. I have shopped in Punjab, I have shopped in Delhi and I have shopped in Gurgaon Malls. And most of the times, by the end of the day, all the fun goes out of it.
But I have learnt quite a few things. I can now distinguish between different types of crepes and silks... Jamawar, Brocade, Tusser, Tanchoi, Tissue, et al. But, so much colour and vibrance makes me colour blind at times. I am just not able to distinguish between different shades of pink or green or blue! Aha, and the jewellery!!! For myself, Ma, Grandma, In laws... Whosoever said 'Diamonds are a girl's best friends' was so true.
For me, it has been an excuse to indulge myself in the luxury of picking up things on impulse. Wow! And for once, Ma has not been after my life for the number of clothes and shoes and bags that I have.
As the weekend approaches, I am all geared up to go on a shopping spree. Yes, yet again!

No comments: