Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Airtel Delhi Half-Marathon

On Sunday, 1st November I went for the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon. It was a sea of people.

Adesh was running 21km, and he went off at 7.30am. I had two more hours to bide and I decided to make the most of it by visiting every single stall/ kiosk. It was a good opportunity to indulge in one of my favourite past times- observing people.

It was much more crowded than last year, and the weather was also hotter.

For the first time, I got a face-paint done, in tricolour, though very small in size. After all, how can a female take chance with her skin!




There was a live band, there were jugglers, there were long-legs.
There was a separate enclosure for senior citizens where they were being offered tea and snacks.

Sadly, there was no provision for water for those loitering around like me, waiting for our turn to run. I tried the refreshment counter, they expressed inability to offer help till the time counter opened. Only thing that kept me going, though I was dying of thirst, was the opportunity to see Shah Rukh Khan, in person. And what a crowd puller! He connects so well with the crowd...amazing!

Finally, I did catch a glimpse of my favourite actor, ran for Great Delhi Run, and gobbled down water at the first water stop!

Now I am waiting for the Gurgaon Marathon on December 6. I am sure it will not be crowded and weather will be cool enough to make this marathon a cooler one

If you happen to be in Gurgaon on December 6, do come to run, walk, cheer and have fun.

Moreover, you never know whom you may run into. You can find details about the run here.

2 comments:

Ramesh said...

OH; you ran too ?? Grest show Zoobie. Where's the photo with the tricolour painted :)

Zoobie Sidhu said...

@Ramesh- Thanks Ramesh. I had a small tricolour on my cheek