Friday, May 15, 2009

Travelogue- Goa: 4th to 6th May- II

After an evening of drinks and dance with the divas of the organization, I just fell on the bed and slept like a log. Only, to be woken up after 4 hrs with a wake up call from front desk.

We were to leave for the nearby Colva beach, for water sports- Jet Ski and Para-sailing.
Sleepy eyed, I reached the lobby, waiting for the team to come, and watching the other teams heading for the bus in herds. Being in HR, it was compulsory for me to go. The previous night I was so eager to go, but in the morning, all I could think of was sleep, sleep and more sleep... and sleep was evading me!
Well, another 15 minutes drive, and we were at the beach. It was 6.30 in the morning, and the only human beings visible were our colleagues, a couple of shack operators, a lifeguard team, and the adventure activities operators.
This beach was not very clean, as I had heard about Goa beaches. Probably, we were in the wrong part of Goa. Anyways, after a quick chai at a shack, we queued up for Jet Ski. Now I was excited. When the turn came, it was all over in ten minutes!!!. It was total fun. Adrenaline pumping and all. And, there was saline water all over me... clothes, hair, eyes, mouth, nose...errgh. But it was FUN. I wanted to do all over again. Though we were not driving on our own, there was a guy who was steering and I was sitting in front. All the waves just hit me in the face, I just loved it.
Now, it was time to try the other activity- Para Sailing. Another queue and finally our turn came. This was even better. It make me feel like a bird. Just flying in the air for 10 minutes, literally a bird's eye view of the land and sea and the beings inhabiting them. Well well well... it came to end with a thud... our falling on the sand!!!
I would want to do these two activities, along with rafting, again and again.
Well after satisfying the adventurous soul, it was time to satisfy the palate. We headed for the breakfast laid out for us at a shack. We just stuffed ourselves, and headed back for the hotel in small groups. It was just 8.30am, but it was so HOT already. I was gain dreaming of the bed.
Distance from Park Hyatt: 15-20 minutes
Auto fare: Rs 150/-
(that's what the going rate was, though we then waited for our bus)
At around 12pm we checked out, and headed for the lunch at Martin's Corner. The experience I have already shared here.
Our flight was at 7pm. So we had at least 3.5 hrs with us to kill. We headed for the local market at Margao. A small town in South Goa, and most of the trains from Mumbai end here.
The first liquor shop was literally attacked by all of us. The sight of females managing a liquor shop was quite a surprise, for a North Indian like me.
Well, I explored the local port wine and fanny brands. I also bought few miniatures of IMFLs. Another thing left to buy was local cashew, one with the skin on. And then I was done.
Distance from Colva: 6km/ 15 mins
Nearest rail head: 0km (Margao has a railway station!)
It is difficult to take away a bunch of females from a shopping place, how so ever small it may be. And that was the case with us. Finally, we started for the airport and our rendezvous in Goa came to end. Delhi here we come!!

1 comment:

Ramesh said...

Hey Zoobie - coming first time here. For some reason I though you jointly posted in Adesh's blog and didn't discover this. Bad of me. :(
Lucky you - nice Goa trip. Looks like you managed to combine business with pleasure nicely. It must have been boiling hot; but what the heck - sun, sand and sea and to hell with the conference !