Thursday, June 14, 2007

From + to -

Yesterday I wrote about my new coordinates, and a fan left a comment asking about my life in Chandigarh...

Well, all I can say is that it has come down by a lot many paces. Let me explain this a bit.
When in Mumbai, my office was about 1hr 15min away... since the time I got up in morning, it used be a race against time to reach the station in time to catch the 9.15 local.... caught it, then mission to catch a seat!!! And the entire journey of reaching VT... queing up to catch the bus to Cuffe Parade... get in bus... run to office building to punch at 10.30am. Phew!!!

After a long day in office, again the backward journey...
It was always run run run and more run... Life was at, say, +100 paces

But now in Chandigarh, office is only 15min away. Saves me full 1hr in the morning, which means that I can sleep that much more!

I get free by 6.30pm or 7.00pm and again 15min is all it takes to reach back to my abode.
Plus, I do not have to taste the fragrance and flavor of public transport, as I commute by my own car (a luxury in Mumbai!)

But sad part is that the markets start rolling down their shutters from 8.00pm and city is asleep by 10.00pm!

Then comes the chutti ka din- Sunday..

In Mumbai, Sunday meant Sleeping, Malls, Shopping and Movies.. a long and tiring day.

Here, most of my Sundays have been lazing around, reading, at home. Sometimes I had been lucky enough to catch hold of a movie ticket with a friend or my bro at the city's lone multiplex!!
(Can you believe it, the City Beautiful with an Open Hand still has only one multiplex with pathetic service!!)

Well, with so much time at my disposal, I have resumed reading a lot, and eating out and sleeping!!!!

So my dear friends, life has come to - ... dunno how many paces. Guess I can say it has come down to -100 here.

And, how I feel now is anybody's guess!!!

Lets see how long it takes to find a place with a comfortable pace of life...
So for me the search is always on!!

No comments: