Thursday, June 21, 2007

A journey...

Monday morning I was returning from home and after a long long time had a taste of the legendary PRTC bus. Why I call PRTC buses legendary, ask any Punjabi who has stayed in Punjab.

Monday morning rush and I was running at the Bus Terminus platform... and was astonished to look at the number of people waiting for a bus from Patiala to Chandigarh.

After a wait of half an hour and missing 3-4 buses, I finally managed to get on an overcrowded bus... and I couldn't help but comparing it with the Mumbai locals! Believe me, huge similarity!!

No place to move even an inch...
The stench of sweat...
And above that,
Rash driving...
And, absolutely no courtesy by conductor or driver...

I guess they need a lesson or two in customer service!!

Just wondering how other State Transport buses are rated by travellers.
And I found some interesting information at a blog on busnews.






I must add here that the above two images have been shamelessly copied from the www and I do not have rights for these pictures.

As for me, my mission is to avoid the back breaking rides as much as I can!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rain n that typical smell of sand afterwards is what I love....I hope Zoobie you could make to Sukhana Lake.....try ur hands on boating...Its FUN....!!!!!

Unknown said...

I love the typical smell of sand after it rains....Hope you had grt time at Sukhana...try boating ....Its FUN.....!!!