Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Wedding Chronicles- V

Ceremony- IV: Mehndi


The next day, 17th Nov was a day to relax a little, and I mean a little only. For me it was tiring as usual. We did not have any function. It was all family members only.

The morning was scheduled for Mehndi. We had called a couple of Henna artists to put mehndi on the palms of the females. And a special artist for the bride! It took full two hours for her to put mehndi on my palms, back of hands, arms, feet and legs. I felt like a statue being painted. In the meantime, all the ladies got over with their hands.


I had to keep it for the entire day. To delay the drying, my cousin kept dabbing sugar and lemon juice all over. Its really tough being a bride! When it was lunch time, Ma fed me with a spoon. Finally at around 5pm, I scraped off the semi-dry henna, but couldn't wash it till next morning. Already the orange colour had started to turn into deep red.

No comments: