Sunday, December 23, 2007

Wedding Chronicles- XI

After all the ceremonies, I was so very tired. Infact, Adesh started making a note of the rituals that we had to go through. Phew!!!
Well, next one week was mostly at home.
The next day, that is, on 20th Nov we went back to my parents place for phera. We stayed there overnight and returned back the next evening. A day later we went to Adesh's ancestral village to pay homage at the Gurudwara there.
But, over that one week, I had very anxious moments. The bride is not supposed to enter kitchen for a minimum of 11 days. This period can go over to 40 days as well. But, I insisted on 11 days. Imagine, everytime you need water, you ask someone to please get it for you, in your own house!!! Though Adesh's family, which is now My Family made me feel very comfortable, I still had initial ionhibitions in terms of opening my mouth too much.
After spending a week at Patiala, we finally returned to Gurgaon, to a new home, to a new life!

No comments: