Friday, December 21, 2007

Wedding Chronicles- VIII

Ceremony VII: Doli

After Lunch (after Anand Karaj), we left the hotel, accompanied by the band and the entire set of relatives to our home. Ma and Papa and my side of relatives had left a little earlier. So, when we reached, it was all set to make me push out of the house!!! It was quite an emotional atmosphere.
My cousin sisters were given kalicharis (gold bands) by the groom, and they applied mehndi on Adesh's palms.
Then, Ma made us both drink milk. Finally, it was time to say good-bye. As we were coming out in the courtyard, I threw back rice grains, symbolising that I had paid back the debt to my Parents. I was all tears when I was hugging my Parents and Brother. As we sat in the flower decked car, the Doli, Papa, my brother, other male relatives and Pap's friends, all pushed the car till we left the threshold.
The feeling at that moment was so different. I had never thought that I'll feel so sad, considering that I have been staying away from home for more around 9 years. All I could think was that every time there is a chutti, I will not come to this place, but to a new home. And, I was so nervous of being a part of a new household.

No comments: