Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wedding Chronicles-I

Its been almost a month and a half since I last hit the keys for a post... but guys it is marriage season and when you are attending weddings you are so busy, especially if its your own!!!
Now, that I am back to work, though of sharing some experience. A Punju wedding has so many ceremonies and rituals...
This is the first in the series Wedding Chronicles, with a ceremony-wise account of how I spent an important fortnight of my life.
Ceremony I: 9th November, 2007
This was the Diwali day and also the day we started 3 day Akhand Path, then the kirtan and langar after that. One big function!
All started with Papa and Gaurav getting Guru Granth Sahib from the Gurudwara. Then after ardas the path started. From around 9 am on 9th Nov to 9am on 11th Nov, continuously the priests from the Gurudwara did the path. Finally on 11th Nov we has bhog.
The same day at around 11.30 am, we had kirtan at home, for around an hour. This was followed by Guru ka Langar. The blessings of the Almighty were sought before the commencing the auspicious ceremonies.

No comments: